A Foundation for St Bartholomew’s House
St Bartholomew’s House Foundation was established in 2004 to raise, invest and manage money for the purpose of strengthening the financial bases of the House and focus on developing a funding basis for future activities and projects as well as promoting the interests of St Bart’s and homeless people generally.
The demand for services is always changing and expanding in complexity and shows no sign of diminishing. To the contrary there appears to be an increasing need in our society to care for people who are, for whatever reason, unable to cope with the stresses or changes in daily living.
Depending on Government sources to fund our operations is a key concern. There is continual scrutiny on all phases of our operations. Longer term trends suggest an increasing load on social security budgets and a shrinking workforce to support this need with consequent stress on funding.
It became essential for St Bart’s to consider ways to assist in attracting funds to the House that would help ensure the longer-term stability of our institution. To this end, a separate Foundation with matching objectives to the House was formed in 2004.
THE FOUNDATION BOARD
Bevan Sturgess-Smith – Chairman
Professor David Malcolm
Mike Young (Co-patron)
1. To advance the care, welfare, development, maintenance and re-establishment of the residents of St Bartholomew’s House (hereinafter called “the House”).
2. To create opportunities for the House to attract and retain the continuing interest and financial support of former residents, relatives, supporters and friends.
3. To advise and assist the Council of the House (hereinafter called “the Council”), which governs the House, to preserve, maintain and develop the standards and facilities of the House.
4. To solicit donations and gifts for the benefit of the House or and of its funds or accounts from businesses, church and service organisations and friends and from any other source deemed appropriate to the promotion of the objects of the Foundation.
5. To raise money for the benefit of the House for the acquisition of land or buildings or other facilities and for the construction, alteration, improvement and maintenance of buildings or other facilities.
6. To attract and encourage bequests, legacies and all forms of deferred gifts to or for the benefit of the House.
7. To raise money for the benefit of the House for projects, buildings and investments.
8. To raise money for the House for the acquisition of plant and equipment, recreation equipment, education and training.
9. To recommend for the consideration of the Council projects for the benefit of the House.
10. To act either alone or jointly as a trustee of one or more trusts established for the benefit of the House.
Our Current Active Campaigns
If you have any ideas or suggestions or wish to assist our fundraising efforts please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or our
Community Relations Manager email@example.com
Donations are always welcome
Volunteer at St Bart's