St Bart’s Mental Health Support Services coordinate accommodation for people living with a mental illness who need 2-4 hours support per day in order to live independently in the community.
Community Supported Residential Units
Community Supported Residential Units (CSRUs) are medium to long term accommodation for people living with a mental illness who need 2-4 hours support per day in order to live independently in the community.
All residents of the CSRU’s must -
- Be referred by the local mental health service
- Be aged between 18 – 65 on entry
- Be living with a mental illness
- Have support needs of between 2 – 4 hours per day
- Have the desire to live in the CSRU
- Have provided informed consent
- Have significant links to the area
- Be homeless or at risk of homelessness (may be living with elderly parents/family and be at risk of losing their tenancy)
The CSRUs are developments of fully furnished one, two or three bedroom units
- Each site can house between 22 – 25 residents
- All bedrooms are single occupancy and have private bathroom facilities
- Each unit has a dining/kitchen area, a lounge area, a laundry and a store
- There is a separate staff unit, which is also the office
- Staff on site 24 / 7
- 2-4 hours support per day with everyday living skills
Length of Stay
- For some the CSRUs will be their permanent home
- For others, as their level of independence and confidence grows, they may move onto other accommodation
- If your circumstances change you will be helped to find new accommodation
- The rent will be 25% of your income, plus any rent assistance that you are entitled to
- There is an additional utilities charge to cover the cost of electricity, gas and water
- There is a bond payable, equivalent to four weeks’ rent
- A small charge will be made each week to cover furniture and equipment replacement.
|Address||20 Arnott Court Kelmscott WA 6111|
|Mob||0402 212 041|
|Address||1 Channon Street Bentley WA 6107|
|Mob||0402 186 503|
|Address||15 Limosa Close Stirling WA 6017|
|Mob||0421 977 064|
|Address||91 Patterson Drive Middle Swan WA 6056|
|Mob||0423 775 113|
Transitional/Respite Accommodation Units
This service provides short term community based traditional or respite accommodation for adults aged 18 years and older who are living with a mental illness.
People referred to this service may be experiencing a social crisis, require respite or be homeless or at risk of homelessness.
All potential residents must -
- Be referred by a recognised health service.
- Have a referral form completed by the referring agency.
- Have a nominated Case Manager who will provide clinical supervision and support.
In addition the Case Manager will be responsible to provide any clinical care which is required, i.e.
- injections, arranging prescriptions or doctors appointments;
- assistance to the person in finding long-term accommodation;
- have regular contact with the resident whilst at the unit.
The accommodation is provided over three pairs of duplexes owned by the Department of Housing and leased by St Bart’s.
- Each facility has six single rooms.
- Located close to the mental health services in Bentley, Midland and Rockingham/Kwinana.
- Residents are assisted with daily living activities.
- Staff available 24/7
- Close contact is maintained with mental health service clinical staff through the relevant Case Manager.
- Staff will assist in finding long-term accommodation.
The cost is approximately 25% of the resident’s income. This includes the accommodation and a light breakfast.
|Cannington Accommodation Unit|
|Address||73 Mallard Way Cannington WA 6107|
|Ph||08 9358 1256|
|Fax||08 9358 1356|
|Mob||0405 500 852|
|Medina Accommodation Unit|
|Address||61 Ougden Way Medina WA 6167|
|Ph||08 9419 1741|
|Fax||08 9419 2913|
|Mob||0404 849 453|
|Midland Accommodation Unit|
|Address||7 George Street Midland WA 6056|
|Ph||08 9274 0888|
|Fax||08 9274 0808|
|Mob||0410 504 958|
- To help you with your recovery and for the benefit of all residents the CSRUs and Accommodation Units are alcohol and illegal drug free zones.
- For your safety, threatening, abusive or intimidating behaviour is not tolerated.
- Continued non-compliance with house rules may result in a review of your residency