St Bart’s Mental Health Support Services coordinate accommodation for people living with a mental illness who need 2-4 hours support per day in order to live independently in the Community Recovery Villages (CRVs).
Community Recovery Villages
Community Recovery Villages (CRVs) are medium to long term accommodation for people living with a mental illness who need 2-4 hours support per day in order to live independently in the community.
All residents of the CRVs must —
- Be referred by the local mental health service
- Have a nominated Case Manager who will provide clinical supervision and support
- Be aged between 18 – 65 on entry
- Be living with a mental illness
- Have support needs of between 2 – 4 hours per day
- Have the desire to live in the CRV
- Have provided informed consent
- Have significant links to the area
- Be prepared to sign an Individual Recovery Agreement which identifies the recovery activities best suited to their needs
- Be homeless or at risk of homelessness (may be living with elderly parents/family and be at risk of losing their tenancy)
The CRVs are developments of fully furnished one, two or three bedroom units:
- Staff on site 24 / 7 and are actively available from 7.30am – 9.30pm
- 2-4 hours support per day with independent living skills
Length of Stay
- Length of stay varies depending on the individual but can be up to 3 years? Some may stay less than 12 months.
- As the level of independence and confidence grows for each person, they will be assisted to move to appropriate longer term accommodation.
- Part of future housing planning will be an application to the various housing departments
- The rent will be 25% of your income, plus any rent assistance that you are entitled to
- There is an additional utilities charge to cover the cost of electricity, gas and water
- There is a bond payable, equivalent to four weeks’ rent
- A small charge will be made each week to cover furniture and equipment replacement.
|Address||20 Arnott Court Kelmscott WA 6111|
|Mob||0402 212 041|
|Address||1 Channon Street Bentley WA 6107|
|Mob||0402 186 503|
|Address||15 Limosa Close Stirling WA 6017|
|Mob||0421 977 064|
|Address||91 Patterson Drive Middle Swan WA 6056|
|Mob||0423 775 113|
Please download and print the appropriate referral form;
Referral Form for Community Recovery Villas
Transitional/Respite Accommodation Units
This service provides short term community based traditional or respite accommodation for adults aged 18 years and older who are living with a mental illness.
People referred to this service may be experiencing a social crisis, require respite or be homeless or at risk of homelessness.
All potential residents must -
- Be referred by a recognised health service.
- Have a referral form completed by the referring agency.
- Have a nominated Case Manager who will provide clinical supervision and support.
In addition the Case Manager will be responsible to provide any clinical care which is required, i.e.
- injections, arranging prescriptions or doctors appointments;
- assistance to the person in finding long-term accommodation;
- have regular contact with the resident whilst at the unit.
The accommodation is provided over three pairs of duplexes owned by the Department of Housing and leased by St Bart’s.
- Each facility has six single rooms
- Located close to the mental health services in Bentley, Midland and Rockingham/Kwinana
- Residents are assisted with independent living skills
- Staff are available from 7.00am – 10pm
- Close contact is maintained with mental health service clinical staff through the relevant Case Manager
- Staff will assist each person in finding longer term accommodation
To help you with your recovery and for the benefit of all residents the CSRUs CRVs and Accommodation Units are alcohol and illegal drug free zones.
The cost is approximately 25% of the resident’s income. This includes the accommodation and a light breakfast.
|Cannington Accommodation Unit|
|Address||73 Mallard Way Cannington WA 6107|
|Ph||08 9358 1256|
|Fax||08 9358 1356|
|Mob||0405 500 852|
|Medina Accommodation Unit|
|Address||61 Ougden Way Medina WA 6167|
|Ph||08 9419 1741|
|Fax||08 9419 2913|
|Mob||0404 849 453|
|Midland Accommodation Unit|
|Address||7 George Street Midland WA 6056|
|Ph||08 9274 0888|
|Fax||08 9274 0808|
|Mob||0410 504 958|
- To help you with your recovery and for the benefit of all residents the CSRUs and Accommodation Units are alcohol and illegal drug free zones.
- For your safety, threatening, abusive or intimidating behaviour is not tolerated.
- Continued non-compliance with house rules may result in a review of your residency