- Job Reference: SBHT-12
- Job Type: Full-time 9-month contract maternity cover
- Remuneration: Competitive salary + salary packaging benefits
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
- Immediate availability required
The Accountant reports to the Finance Business Partner and will work in a small team to deliver the obligations of the finance function. This is a 9-month fixed term full time role to cover maternity leave. Key responsibilities in the role (but not limited to):
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist in the preparation of aged care resident agreements and maintaining resident details on the database;
- Processing income recognition journals for all program areas;
- Reconciliation of government subsidies and grants received;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports including processing month end journals;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial reports and grant acquittals; and
- Assisting the finance team across the finance function as required including leave coverage.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Hold a Tertiary and/or bachelor’s degree qualification in Accounting, or a similar discipline;
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience relevant to the position;
- Ability to thoroughly check errors in data and promptly report variances from expected outcomes;
- Proven experience and competence in accounting systems (MYOB Exo highly regarded);
- Ability to work unsupervised, use initiative, problem solve and escalate to line manager as required;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively within a team;
- Experience in the Aged Care sector desirable.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Raj Shah on (08) 9323 5114.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday, 1 February 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.