Do you have strong attention to detail, thrive under pressure and enjoy meeting deadlines?
Are you someone who embraces working in a diverse organization?
If this sounds like you, then you will be the perfect candidate for this position!
- Job Reference: SBH-12
- Job Type: Temp to Perm, Part Time (22.8 hours per week)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth, right next to Claisebrook train station
St Bart’s is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Officer (Payables) to join our small team providing support to the wider organisation. Your attention to detail and high level of accuracy is key in this position as you will be responsible for the processing of supplier invoices, and ensuring the prompt payment and reconciliation of all invoices within set timeframes.
We are looking for a team player, someone who is highly organised, able to prioritise their own workload and juggle multiple tasks as operationally required. This position works to set deadlines and would suit someone who is committed to the work and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that things get done on time.
To be successful in this position, you must be experienced in the accounting field, and have a good understanding of accounting best practice, procedures and software. Ideally you will use your experience to add value to the team by identifying areas for process improvement and creating efficiencies.
In addition, you will also be responsible for accounting and administrative tasks to support the broader finance department including maintaining accounts payable systems, developing processes and other finance duties as required.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Processing of supplier invoices both on a weekly basis as well as end of month payments
- Ensuring invoices are authorised correctly and in line with the Delegations Policy
- Reconciliations of a of accounts including credit cards, prepayments and accrued expenses
- Maintaining accurate and orderly records of all supplier invoices and payment records to ensure they are easily retrieved
- Keeping up to date with legislative requirements and accounting best practice to ensure compliance and adherence
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting requirements
- Supporting the finance team across all positions as required
- Contribute and assist with the development of any policies, procedures, forms related to accounts in line with continuous improvement and quality;
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate IV qualification in Accounting or a similar discipline.
- At least three (3) years demonstrated experience relevant to the position.
- Proven experience and competence in accounting systems, in particular MYOB EXO, Xero and Chintaro is highly regarded
- Ability to thoroughly check errors in data and promptly report variances
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to work under pressure
- Intermediate skills using the Microsoft Suite, in particularly with regards to Excel
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work to multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated professional manner when dealing with all internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, show a willingness to help, and displays and encourages a positive team attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and contribute to continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Gizele Lim, HR Administrator on (08) 9323 5182.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday, 10 August 2020.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.