- Job Type: Part time or Casual
- Remuneration: Pro rata $57,541.12 – $62,777.52, dependent on experience and qualifications, plus additional allowances
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
St Bart’s is looking for part-time Care Assistants to complete fixed rostered shifts and casual positions at our James Watson Centre which is an approved specialist homeless residential aged care facility. Our facility offers 24/7 care and accommodation for older men who have experienced homelessness. Working in a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the success of resident care needs.
As a care assistant you are a key member of the team, who works with the registered and enrolled nurses in the provision of excellent care to our consumers. In this role you assist residents with their personal care needs, provide emotional and psychological support and work with residents to implement strategies that enhance their well-being
Successful candidates will be those willing to learn and seek opportunities for self-development. If you are up for a challenge we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting residents with their personal care needs, provide emotional and psychological support
- Working with residents to implement strategies that enhance their wellbeing
- Encouraging and supporting residents to engage in activities and the broader community
- Contributing to the formulation and review of resident care plans in collaboration with the Enrolled Nurse and Registered Nurse
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants who address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Aged Care or higher/equivalent
- At least two (2) years demonstrated experience relevant to the position
- Competent in medication management or willing to work towards
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Use initiative and deal with unexpected situations
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our consumers to maintain their quality of life
- Deliver excellent customer service to consumers, their family and any other external parties
- Salary packaging (where applicable)
- HBF discounts
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Current Valid First Aid Certificate
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Karen McAulay Aged Care Services Manager (08) 9323 5100.
Closing Date is close of business on 1st September 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.