Due to an internal movement within our team, St Bart’s is looking for a Case Manager to join our team.
You will be working in our Men’s Service which is a supported, short-term transitional accommodation for men experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Job Reference: SBH-37
- Job Type: permanent, full time
- Remuneration: $70,404.88 per annum (Level 4)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
As a Case Manager, you will be engaging with consumers to develop individual case plans based on the Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles. You will be working with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that the service provided is holistic in preparation for the consumer to live independently in the community. Your core responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing recovery and trauma informed practices to assist consumers in achieving their goals and outcomes
- Managing consumer safety and risk and conduct associated incident and accident reporting
- Facilitate the search for and transition to longer term accommodation
- Coordinate community supports/services for consumers including liaising with external agencies such as health services, Non-Government Organisations and community groups.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to a team of Recovery Support Workers
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma/Cert IV qualification in Community Services, Social Science, Social Work or a similar discipline.
- At least two (2) years demonstrated experience relevant to the position.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship,
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change and be able to support others during these times.
Employee Benefits (add to website once live and then remove from template)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (pro rata) (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Gary Steadman, Services Manager on (08) 9323 5142.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday, 21 September 2020.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.