St Bart’s is looking for a full-time Clinical Care Coordinator at our James Watson Centre which is an approved 40 bed specialist homeless residential aged care facility. Our facility offers 24/7 care and accommodation for older men who have experienced homelessness. The Clinical Care Coordinator will be responsible for providing clinical leadership and management of all aspects of clinical care. You will work with a team that includes a Registered Nurse (RN), Enrolled Nurses (EN), Personal Care Assistants (PCA), General Practitioner’s (GP), Allied Health professionals, residents and their families to deliver high quality clinical and lifestyle services to the residents of James Watson Centre. Working Monday to Friday with some on-call availability required.
- Job Reference: SBH-114
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Remuneration: (Level 7) $50.74-$52.86
- Annual Salary $100,262.24 – $104,451.36 depending on experience
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
- To provide clinical leadership and ensure the delivery of high quality clinical and personal care that actively promotes a person-centered trauma informed philosophy.
- Facilitate and coordinate new resident admissions and maintain occupancy target.
- Ensure ACFI functions, documentation and assessment processes are reflective of consumers’ needs and completed in line with requirements.
- Ensure all clinical indicators are managed
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement Plans, including monitoring and reporting on progress to the Aged Care Services Manager
- Manage consumers assessments and care programs within the James Watson Centre
- Provide senior specialist advice on key clinical issues.
- Ensure all care documentation is completed with appropriate strategies implemented in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Supervise day to day clinical care
- Management of consumer ’s clinical care needs by:
- Assessing all new consumers, including the review and development of care plans – particularly for new residents, residents returning from hospital and residents with complex needs including palliative care, in consultation with the clinical team and the consumer
- Participate in the service accreditation process.
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Current Registration as a Nurse (Division 1) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- At least three (3) years demonstrated work experience relevant to the position
- Ability to work independently, maintain accountability and demonstrate a consultative
- Advanced understanding of ACFI management
- Experience with meeting the requirements of the Aged Care Quality and Safety standards, Aged Care Act 1997
- Strong consumer service and clinical management skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal with all internal and external stakeholders
- A thorough understanding of continuous improvement principles and quality management systems
- The ability to have a positive impact on the lives of our residents through your approach to the role
- Sound computer skills, confidence to use Microsoft office packages and clinical information systems
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Current Flu Vaccination and COVID 19
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Karen McAulay Aged Care Services Manager on (08) 9323 5117.
Applications close 5.00pm on Friday, 24 September 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date.
Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.