St Bart’s is looking for part-time Enrolled Nurse’s to complete fixed night shifts at our James Watson Centre which is an approved specialist homeless residential aged care facility. Our facility offers 24/7 care and accommodation for older men who have experienced homelessness. Working in a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the success of resident care needs.
- Job Type: Part time (51.6 hours per fortnight)
- Remuneration: Pro rata $62,738.00-$67,263.04 per annum dependent on experience and qualifications, plus additional allowances
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
As the Enrolled Nurse, you are the primary contact for the Care and Support staff rostered on night shift. You are responsible for overseeing and supervising the service delivered to our residents by the team. Leveraging your knowledge of the health care industry, you will provide support and guidance to staff as required. This hands-on role is also responsible to undertake direct care to the residents by undertaking assessments and general nursing services. Successful candidates will be those willing to learn and seek opportunities for self-development. If you are up for a challenge we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing consumer-centered care as directed by the Registered Nurse
- Contributing to the formulation of care plans and ACFI assessments in collaboration with the Registered Nurse
- Administration of medication to residents as required
- Collaborating with members of the care team to achieve effective care outcomes and ensuring consumer needs are met
- Working with the team to ensure Accreditation Standards are maintained and take part in audit and quality projects which support a culture of continuous improvement
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website. If you would like information on the benefits of working with us, please click here.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Current AHPRA Registration as a Enrolled Nurse
- Experience working in Aged Care
- Sound understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards, quality management systems and Aged Care Act 1997
- Sound leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport easily
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to identify and manage clinical risk in an aged care setting
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship,
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Salary packaging (where applicable)
- HBF discounts
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Karen McAulay Aged Care Services Manager (08) 9323 5100
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.