St Bart’s is regularly looking for exceptional Recovery Support Workers to work in a casual capacity. Where full time or part time positions become available, your applications will be reviewed in the first instance. All applications will be kept for three months, so if you are still interested in being reconsidered, we encourage you to re-apply or keep an eye on our website for current opportunities.
- Job Reference: Expression of Interest – Recovery Support Worker
- Remuneration: $27.82 per hour base rate (Level 2)
- Location: Various locations around the Perth Metro area
- Areas: Transitional accommodation, mental health, women’s and family services
Working within the Integrated Services area, you will be supporting consumers experiencing homelessness, mental health or other personal/social challenges in their recovery journey. Recovery Support Workers play an essential role in helping build independence, assist them in achieving individual goals however small or large and continuously review and monitor progress to make changes as needed. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing the recovery and trauma informed principles to assist you in providing support in achieving individual goals and outcomes
- Provide day-to-day emotional, social and daily living support
- Consistently advocate for consumers to develop networks within the community
- Manage consumer safety and risk, and conduct associated incident and accident reporting as required
- Ensure that appropriate records of information are prepared and maintained as required and in a timely manner
To be considered for these positions, you must meet the minimum requirements as set out below. Please outline this in your cover letter:
- Minimum Certificate III qualification in Community Services, Mental Health or a similar discipline, or working towards a degree in the related field with experience.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, Visa Grant Notice)
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain a satisfactory Working with Children’s Check
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Practices
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
St Bart’s will only be in touch should a suitable position become available. We encourage you to actively visit our website for any opportunities that may become available. If you have any questions, please only contact us via email at email@example.com quoting the job title reference – EOI Recovery Support Worker.