St Bart’s is currently looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Family Accommodation Services team which provides transitional accommodation to families experiencing homelessness. As a Family Support Worker you will be supporting the team in providing a safe space for families to stabilize and provide them with an opportunity to tackle various issues they may be facing. This will assist in supporting them in successfully transitioning to long term, stable accommodation.
- Job Reference: SBH-68
- Job Type: permanent, full-time
- Remuneration: SCHADS Level 2 + other benefits
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: Tuart Hill
As the Family Support Worker, you will be the first point of contact for both internal and external enquiries. Working with the Parenting Support Officer and Team Leader, you will be providing support to consumers in achieving their goals as set out in their recovery plans by:
- Having strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships with St Bart’s consumers
- Ensure the smooth running of Bart’s Plus by being task focused and responsive to the needs of the site
- Working within the principles of Recovery and Trauma Informed practice
- Support induction and orientation of new consumers into the program
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Community Services or a similar discipline.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, Valid Visa Grant Notice)
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain a satisfactory Working with Children’s Check
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills strongly focused on creating rapport with consumers and their families/carers
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum pro rata
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Priscilla Wheatcroft, Team Leader on (08) 9349 5394.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday, 26 April 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.