- Job Reference: SBH-68
- Job Type: permanent, full-time
- Remuneration: SCHADS Level 2 + other benefits
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: Tuart Hill
As a Family Support Worker you will be supporting the team in providing a safe space for families and provide them with an opportunity to continue their recovery journey. This role will provide practical support to assist transition to long term, stable accommodation.
As the Family Support Worker, you will be the first point of contact for both internal and external enquiries. Working with the Parenting Support Officer and Team Leader, you will be providing administrative support to the team and practical support to our consumers finding job satisfaction in everyday being different. If you are the right person for this position you will;
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate the smooth running of a busy front desk by being task focused and be responsive to the needs of the site
- Working within the principles of Recovery and Trauma Informed practice
- Support consumers in daily tasks
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website. If you would like information on the benefits of working with us, please click here.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Community Services or a similar discipline, or have relevant sector experience.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, Valid Visa Grant Notice)
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain a satisfactory Working with Children’s Check
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum pro rata
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Priscilla Wheatcroft, Team Leader on (08) 9349 5394.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.