Due to an internal promotion, we are currently looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Family Accommodation Services team which provides transitional accommodation to families experiencing homelessness. As a Family Support Worker you will be assisting the team in providing a quiet and safe space for families to stabilize and give them an opportunity to tackle various issues they may be facing to enable them in successfully transitioning to long term, stable accommodation.
- Job Reference: SBH-68
- Job Type: permanent, full-time
- Remuneration: $54,023.84 per annum (Level 2)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: Tuart Hill
You will be working with the Parenting Support Officer and Team Leader to support consumers in achieving their goals as set out in their recovery plans by:
- Working within the principles of Recovery and Trauma Informed practice
- Support induction and orientation of new consumers into the program
- Consistently review progress in conjunction with the team and adjust as required
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website. If you would like information on the benefits of working with us, please click here.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Community Services or a similar discipline.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, Valid Visa Grant Notice)
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain a satisfactory Working with Children’s Check
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills strongly focused on creating rapport with consumers and their families/carers
- Development and delivery of skills building activities/group work
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Priscilla Wheatcroft, Team Leader on (08) 9349 5394.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday, 6 July 2020.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.