Due to an increasing workload, St Bart’s is looking to expand our team in the Home Care division of our Aged Care service. This position plays a vital part in supporting older people to remain living independently in their own homes and encourage them to engage within the community. As a Support Worker, you will be encouraging clients to actively participate in activities to maintain their independence whilst supporting them in their daily activities.
- Job Reference: SBHC-16
- Job Type: Casual
- Remuneration: $34.175 per hour plus allowances (Level 2)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: Community, based in East Perth
- Provide personal care in line with client’s care plans including assistance with bathing/showering, hygiene, dressing, grooming, lifting, mobility, and any other personal care tasks
- Assist with domestic duties including vacuuming, cleaning, laundry, food preparation and shopping
- A source of social support either within their home or while accessing the community directed towards meeting their need for social contact or accompaniment in order to participate in community life
- Provide transport support to enable access to services and community activities and/or medical and specialist appointments (please note, you will be required to provide your own vehicle)
- Medication monitoring if required and in accordance with instructions in the Care Plan
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Aged Care or Home and Community Care or a similar discipline.
- At least six (6) months demonstrated experience relevant to the position.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship,
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Road worthy vehicle as checked and signed off by a mechanic along with insurance registered for business purposes or evidence that insurance allows use for business
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide accurate reports to the supervisor
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie White, Home Care Team Leader on (08) 9323 5168.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.