James Watson Centre
James Watson Aged Care Centre is a specialised residential aged care service providing nursing care for up to 40 men who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. This service is staffed by qualified nurses.
The service is accredited under the Aged Care Act 1997 by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency.
The specialised homeless services for vulnerable older people include:
- Single, fully furnished, reverse cycle air-conditioned, ensuited rooms.
- Twenty four hour care including individual care planning and personal care.
- On site access site to a multidisciplinary primary health and allied health personnel.
- Individual and group lifestyle and activity programs.
- Nutritious home cooked meals reviewed regularly by a dietitian.
- Hospitality services include on site laundry and cleaning services
- Qualified and skilled staff experienced in managing challenging behaviours.
Who is eligible?
- An Aged Care Client Record (ACCR) is completed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) referring the person for residential aged care, either on respite or as a permanent entry.
- Experiencing, or at risk of homelessness, low income, prematurely aged.