About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website. If you would like information on the benefits of working with us, please click here.
The personal assistant role provides support and assistance to the staff and residents in James Watson Centre. Reporting to the Facility Manager , this position is an integral part of the day to day operations of the James Watson Centre Team
- Assist with serving beverages and meals and the clean away of dishes, and general clean up after meals.
- Packing up, listing and cleaning vacated rooms
- Liaise with staff as required and taking direction from managers.
- Assist in laundry as required
- Undertaking routine and spot cleaning of resident, communal and work areas, furniture and equipment;
- Restocking of pantry items
- Replacing paper products and other consumables
- Ensure compliance with all laws, legislation, regulatory frameworks, quality standards, policy, processes and work instructions.
- Identify and report concerns, complaints, hazards and incidents promptly and in line with continuous improvement, incident reporting and complaints processes.
- Promote choice and independence by assisting to identify resident needs and preferences and communicating these choices to clinical staff.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
Applications must include a resume and cover letter in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact us on (08) 9323 5112.
Applications close 5.00pm on 17 June 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?