This position will be working at one of St Bart’s Community Recovery Villages which focuses on supported, learning oriented accommodation and trauma informed recovery program to individuals experiencing mental health issues. Our Community Recovery Villages support up to 22 people at any one point to help them transition into longer term accommodation. This service is a community based, home-like environment, with 24/7 support available.
- Job Reference: SBH-70
- Job Type: permanent, full time position, (7am to 3pm including off duty, on call shifts and public holidays)
- Remuneration: SCHADS Level 4
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: Middle Swan, with onsite parking
If you are someone who is dedicated in facilitating a supportive, learning oriented and trauma informed recovery program with a strong background in mental health recovery, this position is for you! As a Recovery Facilitator, you will be engaging with consumers experiencing a range of mental health challenges in providing care coordination and support with developing independent living skills whilst preparing consumers to live independently within the community. To be successful in the role, you will need to develop individual recovery plans which are person centred, strength’s based and address identified needs and goals. Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting with consumers on a regular basis to develop and review individual recovery plans
- Coordinating community support/services for consumers including liaising with external agencies
- Advocating for consumers
- Support the daily operational requirements of the service including medication management
- Conduct Group Facilitation as required
- Provide coaching / mentoring to other team members around supporting consumers in achieving their recovery goals and ensuring the service works within the principles of Recovery and Trauma Informed Practice
- Manage consumer safety and risk and conduct associated incident & accident reporting as required
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
- Hold a minimum Certificate IV, Diploma Qualification or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Community Services, or a similar discipline;
- At least three (2) years demonstrated experience relevant to the position.
- Have full and current work rights in Australia to be able to meet the job type (i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, visa with full work rights)
- Have a current or be able to obtain a First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) month’s validity
- Have a current or be able to obtain satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA “C” class Driver’s License
- Proven experience in Wellness, Recovery and Trauma informed principles
- Previous experience working with homelessness, mental health, alcohol and drug use
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Proven experience working in isolation and/or limited supervision
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Wanda Davies, Service Manager on (08) 9323 5162.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday, 1 March 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.