This position will be working in the Independent Living Program which provides long-term rental accommodation to individuals experiencing severe and persistent mental health issues.
As a Recovery Facilitator you will play a critical role in providing care coordination and support to consumers who are accessing accommodation through this program with St Barts. We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering support services to those with Mental Health issues and who’s work ethic and personal values align to those of St Barts: Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice.
About the opportunity
- Job Reference: SBH-80
- Job Type: Permanent Part Time
- Remuneration: Level 4
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
- Coordinating community support/services for consumers including liaising with external agencies
- Advocating for consumers
- Manage consumer safety and risk and conduct associated incident & accident reporting as required
- Maintain thorough and accurate consumer records
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a Social Science or a Diploma/Cert IV (plus 3 years’ experience) in Community Services, Social Science, Social Work or Nursing
- Have relevant experience in a similar role
- Have a current First Aid Certificate
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Proven experience in Wellness, Recovery and Trauma informed principles
- Previous experience working with homelessness, mental health, alcohol and drug abuse
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Proven experience working in isolation and/or limited supervision
- Have a valid WA C class Drivers License
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or have current working rights to work in Australia
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 weeks additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccine
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Applications close 5.00pm on Friday 14 May 2021.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.