About the role
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to consumers experiencing homelessness, mental health or other personal/social challenges in their recovery journey, building independence, meeting individual goals and providing support across a range of services, whilst reviewing and monitoring progress.
- Job Reference: SBH-100
- Job Type: 21.1 hours per week
- Remuneration: Level 2 – SCHADS Award
- Location: Medina, WA 6167
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Utilise recovery and trauma informed principles to assist consumers to achieve individual goals and outcomes including but not limited to independent living skills, community participation, personal choice and decision making whilst building upon on strengths, increasing resilience and improving physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records of information and a range of administrative tasks regarding client support, as required by St Barts and within the specified timeframes
- Maintain and enhance professional knowledge and technical skills by keeping up to date with new developments and relevant trends
- Conduct group facilitation as required.
- Work across all St Bart’s program areas as required, including ODOC shifts.
- Deliver high quality service, which supports the rights, and interests of all consumers and meets relevant standards and legislation.
- To actively engage in achievement of organisational service outcomes I ncluding KPI’s, Quality Assurance Accreditation and Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Ensure personal health and safety at work and that of others complying with all Occupational Health and Safety requirements and as directed by St Barts;
- Adequate Immunisation in line with specific position requirements pre-employment and inclusive of ongoing immunisation as determined by St Barts
- Understand and comply with the Code of Conduct of St Barts and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to this position;
- As directed complete all necessary OneVault requirements within set timeframes
- Have collaborative working relationships with the team and internal customers, and actively contribute to all team meetings and effectiveness of the team function
- Other duties and accountabilities as directed by the Service Manager, Integrated Services Manager, and/or the General Manager Services.
- Tertiary qualification or minimum Certificate III in Community Services or Mental Health or related discipline, or working towards a degree in related field with experience in the field (formal documentation proving satisfactory unit of study completion will be required);
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance obtained within the last three (3) months;
- Current Australian Passport or current valid Working Visa permitting all necessary requirements to legally work in Australia;
- Current valid First Aid Certificate;
- Current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence (for photo identification purposes and/or if required for position duty purposes);
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to demonstrate satisfactory work experience relevant to the position;
- Lived experience or an understanding of mental health recovery, homelessness or other personal/social challenges or as family member/carer of people with a lived experience
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills strongly focused on creating rapport with consumers and their carers/ families and effective networks
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- Ability to demonstrate genuineness, empathy, trustworthiness and flexibility
- An engaging and positive personality with a friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to establish relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with consumers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, skills to work cooperatively with other staff as well as working independently
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and work autonomously when required
- Experience of working in residential setting (Desirable)
- Ability to maintain confidential information at all times
- Working knowledge of IT systems and MS Office.
- Group facilitation skills (desirable).
- Ability to understand conflict and challenging behaviour
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and support others during these times
- Ability to be self-reflective and responsive
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the selection criteria above.
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Applications close 5.00pm on 1st September 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.