As a result in an increase of funding to expand our Reconnecting Lives Program, St Bart’s is currently looking for two Recovery Support Workers with an Indigenous background to increase the diversity of our team. St Bart’s would like to engage with more Indigenous consumers by providing them with a culturally safe and accessible service.
- Job Reference: SBH-153
- Job Type: 2x Permanent, Full Time – 38 hours per week
- Rosters: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Remuneration: $27.34 per hour (Level 2) PLUS allowances
- Location: East Perth location, next to Claisebrook train station
This position will be working in St Bart’s Reconnecting Lives Program, which supports consumers leaving St Bart’s supported accommodation to transition to independent living. St Bart’s would like to engage more Indigenous consumers by providing them with an Indigenous Recovery Support Worker who will have a more in-depth understanding and knowledge to better assist them in their recovery journey. Not only will you be supporting our Indigenous consumers, you will be providing information and knowledge to the rest of the team in gaining a deeper understanding on how to better support our Indigenous consumers.
Your Core Responsibilities
This position primarily supports consumers experiencing mental health or other personal/social challenges in their recovery journey, building independence, meeting individual goals and providing support across a range of services. If you are someone who is recovery focused and passionate about providing support to consumers to find their way out of homelessness, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Reporting to the Service Manager, Reconnecting Lives Program, your key responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day emotional, social and daily living support to our consumers
- Consistently advocate for consumers to develop networks within the community
- Supporting other team members in their communication and engagement with our Indigenous consumers
- Manage consumer safety and risk, and conduct associated incident and accident reporting as required
- Support consumers in achieving their individual goals and outcomes including but not limited to independent living skills, community participation, personal choice and decision making whilst building resilience and improving wellbeing
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records of information and a range of administrative tasks regarding consumer support.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III in Community Services or a similar discipline
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or have current working rights to work in Australia
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume and cover letter. We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how you think your skills and experience will add value. If you are having issues applying via the website, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Copies of all relevant documentation required in selection criteria
- Satisfactory pre-employment checks including evidence to confirm immunity or commencement of vaccination course
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sara Zanella, Service Manager on (08) 9323 5170.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates.