About the role
We are seeking a Recovery Support Worker for Future Homes, our short-term transitional accommodation service for men at risk of or experiencing homelessness. This is a permanent, part time role working a fixed roster across four nights (22:15 to 07:15), Monday to Sunday.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will provide support to our consumers in their recovery journey to build independence, meet individual goals and review and monitor progress.
Taking into consideration the qualifications, skills and experience of the successful applicant the base salary offered for this position spans from $60,188 to $65,662 pro rata plus superannuation. This position also attracts a 15% night shift loading.
You are a recovery focused individual with the ability to build rapport and relationships using your excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, our ideal candidate:
- Has knowledge and understanding of wellness, recovery and trauma informed principles
- Motivated to complete work, comfortable with working at night
While your skills and experience are important to us, your values and attitudes are crucial to your success at St Bart’s. We are looking for a candidate who is compassionate and whose values align with St Bart’s – Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration and Social Justice. We are looking for someone who can help us create and maintain a workplace that fosters inclusion, diversity and a commitment to excellence.
The successful candidate must possess a:
- National Police Clearance, current within three (3) months
- Current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate, current within three (3) years of the issue date
Why join St Bart’s?
In addition to joining a professional and dedicated team with passion and a commitment to our values and making a difference within the community, the benefits of working with us are:
- Up to five weeks annual leave with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Up to three days additional flexible leave days per year
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900, which allows you to pay for personal expenses with pre-tax earnings, so you pay less tax and your take home pay increases.
- Corporate discounts and memberships.
How to Apply
We want to know about you – why you want to work with us and how your skills, qualifications and experience align with the position requirements.
To apply, please submit your current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your suitability for the position.
You are also welcome to deliver a hard copy application to 7 Lime Street, East Perth.
For further information about the role, please contact Sara Zanella, Service Manager on 9323 5142.
St Bart’s reserves the right to close the application period at any time, so it is recommended you submit your application as soon as possible.
St Bart’s is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTI and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.