St Bart’s is looking for an experienced and passionate Recovery Support Worker to fill a permanent position. You will be working in our mental health services supporting individuals from a diverse background on their journey to independence. As a Recovery Support Worker, you will be working as a part of a team to ensure a safe, secure and supported environment for all consumers.
- Full-Time position – 38 hours per week
- Fixed-Rosters will be from Monday – Sunday, 7.00am – 10.30pm including off duty on call shifts
- Remuneration: SCHADS award Level 2 including loadings
- Middle Swan with access to onsite parking
To be successful in this position you must be able to think on your feet, use your initiative and work as a team member.
If you are someone who has well developed communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on developing strong rapport with people who have often commonly experienced isolation, we want to hear from you! We are looking for someone who is motivated to deliver a great housing and support service to individuals and whose work ethic and personal values align to those of St Bart’s: Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice.
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Utilizing trauma informed principles to assist individuals in achieving their goals;
- Supporting individuals in relation to community participation, increasing resilience and improving physical and mental health wellbeing using a strengths based approach;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and a range of administrative and housing related tasks;
- Conduction group facilitation as required;
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships within the team and across the business
To be considered for this position you must meet all of the following selection criteria:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III qualification in Community Services and/or Mental Health or a similar discipline, or working towards a degree in the related field with experience in the field (formal documentation proving satisfactory unit of study completion will be required);
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the position
- Lived experience or understanding of mental health recovery, homelessness or other personal/social challenges or as a family member/carer or people with a lived experience;
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles;
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or have current working rights to work in Australia
- Have a current First Aid Certificate (with validity of at least 6 months)
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA C class Drivers Licence
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
What we offer
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Opportunity to purchase 4 weeks additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccine
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer funded parental leave up (4-weeks)
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the selection criteria above. We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how you think your skills and experience will add value and apply to this position.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Satisfactory pre-employment checks including evidence to confirm immunity or commencement of vaccination course
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Wanda Davies, Service Manager on (08) 9323 5162.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date.