Due to an internal promotion, St Bart’s is looking for a Recovery Support Worker to join the team at our Bentley Community Recovery Village. Apply your skills at one of our supported, learning oriented accommodation and trauma informed recovery programs.
- Permanent, Full-Time position
- Fixed Rosters will be from Monday – Sunday, 7am – 10.30pm including Off Duty On Call shifts
- Remuneration: $27.34 per hour (Level 2) PLUS other benefits and allowances
- Located at Bentley with onsite parking
About the opportunity
As a Recovery Support Worker, you will be playing a critical role in ensuring a safe, secure and supported environment for all consumers who are experiencing homelessness, mental health or other personal/social challenges. To be successful in the position, you will be involved in the consumer’s recovery journey by supporting them to build their capacity and develop the skills required for transition to independent living. St Bart’s utilizes the Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles to support all its consumers in their recovery journey, so a sound understanding is essential.
Shifts for this position will be from Monday to Sunday between 7am to 10.30pm. At times, you may be required to participate in the overnight, Off Duty On Call Roster where you will need to assist consumers as needed.
If you are someone who is recovery focused, has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on developing strong rapport with consumers and their carers/family members, we want to hear from you! We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering support services to individuals and whose work ethic and personal values align to those of St Barts: Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice.
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Providing day-to-day emotional, social and daily living support to those experiencing homelessness and personal/social challenges;
- Consistently advocating for consumers to develop networks within the community;
- Manage consumer safety and risk, and conduct associated incident and accident reporting as required;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records of information and a range of administrative tasks regarding consumer support;
To be considered for this position you must address the following selection criteria.
- Hold a minimum Certificate III qualification in Community Services and/or Mental Health or a similar discipline, or working towards a degree in the related field with experience in the field (formal documentation proving satisfactory unit of study completion will be required);
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the position;
- Lived experience or understanding of mental health recovery, homelessness or other personal/social challenges or as a family member/carer or people with a lived experience;
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles;
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or have current working rights to work in Australia
- Have a current First Aid Certificate (with at least 6 months validity)
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Have a valid WA C class Driver’s License
- Ability to demonstrate and work with the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, Social Justice
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the selection criteria above. We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how you think your skills and experience will add value and apply to this position.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (with at least 6 months validity)
- Satisfactory pre-employment checks including evidence to confirm immunity or commencement of vaccination course
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Karene Dombrowsky, Manager, Bentley Villas Manager on (08) 9323 5163.
Applications close 5.00pm on Monday 21 September 2020
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies at this stage.