About the role
The Registered Nurse is responsible for clinical care and supervision, direction, support and leadership of nursing and care/support staff. This is a hands-on role, in which the RN will lead and develop the team to ensure the delivery of high quality care to all residents. This role will work in line with and support others to work to St Bart’s policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Job Reference: SBH-121
- Job Type: Full Time Fixed Term until April 2022 or Casual
- Hours: 38 hours per week / Casual
- Remuneration: Level 5/6
- Location: East Perth, WA location
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Ensure residents receive high quality, safe and effective care that aligns with their individual preferences and reflects the intent of the aged care standards.
- Undertake clinical, social and self-care assessments for an identified group of residents.
- Provide direct resident care and nursing services using best practice approaches to care.
- Actively engage in the completion of ACFI assessments and support other staff, ensure paperwork is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all care documentation is completed with appropriate strategies implemented.
- Proactively manage residents care by anticipating changing physical and mental health needs and initiate further assessments or referrals as required
- Ensures that clinical records reflect care, in line with all accreditation standards and legislative requirements.
- Active engagement in the quality agenda, including the completion of audits and the development of continuous improvements.
- Support residents and their families by addressing queries, comments, suggestions or concerns.
- Support, coach, monitor and mentor the unregulated care workers.
- Complete ACFI documentation and assessment processes.
- Provide support to the James Watson Manager and clinical expertise to the care team.
- Communicate with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in, and contribute to, all St Barts Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs, to encourage and promote organisational performance and deliver better consumer outcomes;
- Participate in and provide support in all accreditation, compliance and national standards activities as directed;
- Ensure personal health and safety at work and that of others complying with all Occupational Health and Safety requirements and as directed by St Barts;
- Other duties and accountabilities as directed by the James Watson Manager, Aged Care Services Manager and/or the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Qualifications, Licences & Legislative Compliance:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance obtained within the last three (3) months;
- Current Australian Passport or current valid Working Visa permitting all necessary requirements to legally work in Australia;
- Current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence (for photo identification purposes and/or if required for position duty purposes)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- This role requires an experienced Registered Nurse who is dynamic & flexible and is able to provide strong leadership & interpersonal communication skills to the clinical staff.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Relevant clinical experience for at least one year.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with ACFI assessments and documentation.
- Sound understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards, quality management systems and Aged Care Act 1997
- Able to identify and manage clinical risk in the aged care setting
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Clinical report writing skills
- Strengths in negotiation, problem solving , relationship building , conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop care staff and enrolled nurses
- Highly organised with strong planning skills.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within a team and independently.
- Good computer skills, with confidence to use Microsoft Office packages and clinical information systems
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the selection criteria above.
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Applications close 5.00pm on 1st September 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.