This is a newly created position to join our WHS team in delivering various WHS projects.
- Job Reference: SBH-157
- Job Type: Full-time
- Remuneration: Competitive salary + salary packaging benefits
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
The position is responsible for leading and coordinating St Bart’s Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and Organisational Risk functions. Ensuring St Bart’s complies with all WHS legislation and maintains a safe environment for all consumers, staff, volunteers, contractors, and visitors to the organisation.
Key accountabilities for the role are:
- Lead on the development of risk management, emergency response and WHS policy development and ensure they reflect the relevant legislation.
- Coordinate health and safety training sessions, tool box meetings and safety forums for management, WHS representatives, supervisors, and staff.
- Complete WHS monthly reporting accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develop WHS metrics and analyse data to make recommendations
- Review safety practices with relevant stakeholders to support ongoing accreditation against relevant national standards.
For the full list of position responsibilities are available in the position description.
As a high performer in this role, you will build strong stakeholder relationships internally and externally, provide contemporary advice and guidance on safety and risk matters, and support WHS initiatives across the business. You will resonate with and embody the St Bart’s values of Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration, and Social Justice.
A tertiary qualified Safety and Risk Officer with at least 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar role will hit the ground running, leveraging their comprehensive understanding across all aspects of WHS. Experience in implementing HR systems would be an advantage.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For more details on the position or to view the position description, please go to https://stbarts.org.au/safety-and-risk-officer-sbh-157/ or contact Martin Nice on (08) 9323 5120.
Applications close 5.00pm WST on 4th April 2021.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.