About the role
The Service Manager is responsible for the oversight of all day to day operations of the service, including the recruitment and supervision of staff, management of the budget and ensuring that the service is compliant with all quality standards and contractual/licensing requirements.
The Service Manager will foster a culture of recovery focused service delivery that puts the consumer at the centre of the process and is inclusive of all relevant parties including family, carers and persons nominated as support by the consumer.
- Job Reference: SBH-89
- Job Type: 38 hours per week
- Remuneration: Level 7, SCHADS Award
- Location: Kelmscott, WA 6111
Your core responsibilities in this position will include:
- Provide management and leadership of all service activity and ensure effective quality assurance and governance processes are in place;
- Ensure services are provided as per the applicable contracts and service level agreements;
- Provide effective supervision, mentoring and coaching to all staff within the service area;
- Assessment of new referrals for eligibility/suitability and coordination of new admissions;
- Risk/safety assessment and safety planning associated with providing services to consumers;
- Manage incidents and feedback according to St Bart’s policy and procedure, including the issue of warning and eviction notices;
- Prepare and submit service reports as required;
- Conduct a range of administrative tasks regarding consumer support, as required by St Barts and within the specified timeframes, including maintenance of consumer records;
- To actively engage in achievement of organisational service outcomes including KPI’s, Evaluation, Quality Assurance Accreditation and Continuous Improvement Plans;
- Provide out of hours support as part of the On-Call roster;
- Ensure personal health and safety at work and that of others complying with all Occupational Health and Safety requirements and as directed by St Barts;
- Participate in the St Barts Immunisation Program in line with specific position requirements, including any applicable pre-employment and/or ongoing immunisation as determined by St Barts;
- Understand, comply with, and adhere to all St Barts policies, procedures and work practices, and complete all necessary OneVault requirements within set timeframes;
- Understand, comply with, and adhere to the St Barts Code of Conduct;
- Participate in, and contribute to, all St Barts Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs, to encourage and promote organisational performance and deliver better consumer outcomes;
- Participate in and provide support in all accreditation, compliance and national standards activities as directed;
- Participate in essential and/or mandatory training annually as required and directed;
- Have collaborative working relationships with the team and internal customers, and actively contribute to all team meetings and effectiveness of the team function;
- Other duties and accountabilities as directed by the Integrated Services Manager, and/or the Chief Operating Officer.
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Social Sciences, or a similar discipline;
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance obtained within the last three (3) months;
- Current Australian Passport or current valid Working Visa permitting all necessary requirements to legally work in Australia;
- Current valid First Aid Certificate (with at least six (6) months validity);
- Current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence (for photo identification purposes and/or if required for position duty purposes).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least three (3) years demonstrated work experience relevant to the position;
- Demonstrated experience of working with people experiencing homelessness and/or mental health, AOD or other personal/social challenges;
- Knowledge of recovery principles and trauma informed practice;
- Experience of working within a supported accommodation setting would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated experience of collaborative inter-agency working;
- Experience of service management/leadership including staff supervision;
- Intermediate skills and knowledge of IT systems and Microsoft Office;
- Strong administration skills;
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour using conflict resolution and strong communication skills.
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the selection criteria above.
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Applications close 5.00pm on 17th September 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.