About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services.
- Job Reference: SBH-115
- Job Type: Permanent, part time
- Remuneration: Level 3
- Location: East Perth, next to Claisebrook train station
- Provides comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Aged Care Services Manager and JWC Manager (Leadership Team)
- Liaises with Leadership Team to implement all confidential and general correspondence, memoranda, reports and other research activities
- Maintains diaries, arranges and coordinates all appointments and meeting room bookings for Leadership Team and organises relevant literature for meetings
- Liaises with staff, members of the public and external agencies of behalf of St Bart’s within the scope and delegation of authority for the position as required
- Maintains administrative records, filing and database systems relevant to James Watson Centre
- Responsible for the administrative aspects of payroll and preparation of fixed rosters
- Co-ordinates relief coverage for various staff training, recreational and sick leave and workers compensation cover as necessary within award and budgetary guidelines
- Follows through rostering/allocation complaints with relevant manager to find resolution ensuring escalation if necessary.
- Take a proactive role in following safe work practices and supporting OSH process within the organisation.
- Monitor safety issues and look for opportunities to promote a safety culture within James Watson.
- Participate in the St Barts Immunisation Program in line with specific position requirements, including any applicable pre-employment and/or ongoing immunisation as determined by St Barts;
- Understand, comply with, and adhere to all St Barts policies, procedures and work practices, and complete all necessary OneVault requirements within set timeframes
- At least 3 years’years demonstrated work experience in a health service related environment providing secretarial and administrative support to Senior or Executive team;
- Diploma or Certificate 3 qualification in Business or Medical Administration or a similar discipline;
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance obtained within the last three (3) months;
- Current Australian Passport or current valid Working Visa permitting all necessary requirements to legally work in Australia;
- Current valid First Aid Certificate;
- Current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence (for photo identification purposes and/or if required for position duty purposes)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (pro rata) (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Barts, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Applications close 5.00 pm on Thursday, 17 May 2021.
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have data entry experience?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employmen