We have three Accommodation Units across Perth that are available as short-term, community based transitional or respite housing for adults living with a mental health illness who require a low level of support to live independently in the community. Each unit can accommodate up to six people at any given time.
Support staff partner with residents to maintain their mental wellbeing, determine their goals, develop a plan that assists with their recovery journey, and chart a course to securing appropriate longer-term accommodation.
Note: This service does not provide a 24/7 support person.
Who is eligible?
- You must be linked with a community mental health team for case management and clinical support.
- Be aged over 18.
- Be living with a mental health challenge.
- Be homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Have low to medium support needs of between 2 – 4 hours per day.
- Be able to live independently and willing to live in a shared environment.
- Currently residing in Western Australia.
- A Permanent Resident or Citizen of Australia.
- Currently receiving or entitled to an income such as Centrelink or a regular wage.
- Be prepared to sign an Individual Recovery Agreement and identify and work towards your goals including longer-term accommodation.
For more information please contact 9323 5100 / MHreferrals@stbarts.org.au
* Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting new referrals for this service