Future Homes is our 24/7 onsite supported short-term transitional accommodation service for single men experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Men’s supported accommodation
The trauma-informed and recovery focused service is co-located with our head office in East Perth and can support up to 45 men at any given time.
Future Homes residents have access to single rooms with either private or shared bathrooms, common cooking areas and a laundry.
Each resident has regular contact with a case manager who works with them to develop their personalised recovery plan, which includes setting goals that support their recovery and assist them to explore and transition into long-term housing. Additionally, case managers will often refer and link residents with health and community support agencies to help improve and enhance their personal health and wellbeing, advocate on their behalf and assist them to grow their independent living skills.
Future Homes is designed to support residents for up to three months while they actively seek and secure a long-term housing solution.
Who is eligible?
- Men over 18 years.
- Experiencing, or at risk of homelessness.
- Currently residing in Western Australia.
- A Permanent Resident or Citizen of Australia.
- Currently receiving or entitled to an income such as Centrelink or a regular wage.
- Personal needs that are able to be managed by the service.
- Willing to proactively engage in an individual recovery plan.
- Willing to be respectful to staff, other consumers and St Bart’s property.
- Be able to live independently and willing to live in a shared environment.
- Men who are willing to agree to the terms of our Licence to Occupy, Charter of Rights and Responsibilities and Accommodation rules, and who wish to find long-term accommodation.