As the only recognised provider of homeless residential aged care in Western Australia, St Bart’s James Watson Residential Aged Care Centre provides care to older men who are experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness.
James Watson Residential Aged Care
James Watson is home for up to 40 men at any given time who have experienced chronic homelessness, including some who have aged prematurely as a result of their experiences with homelessness. Residents range in age from those in their 50s to those in their 90s.
With some James Watson Centre residents being aged under 65 comes a need for St Bart’s to be an accredited National Disability Insurance Scheme provider, in addition to being accredited as an aged care provider by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
Many James Watson Centre residents, either as a result of their past experiences with homelessness and/or their age, have complex needs and benefit from the blend of clinical and trauma-informed support the facility and our staff provide. Residents have access to 24/7 care and support and, with this, we see residents thrive and their health and wellbeing improve. Residents also get to live with likeminded people who have had similar life experiences to those they have had.
James Watson Centre is co-located with our head office at Lime Street, East Perth.
James Watson Centre residents have access to:
- Single, fully furnished, reverse cycle air-conditioned rooms with ensuites
- 24 hour care including individual care planning and personal care
- Onsite access to multidisciplinary primary health and allied health personnel
- Individual and group lifestyle and activity programs
- Nutritious home cooked meals reviewed regularly by a dietitian
- Qualified and skilled staff experienced in managing challenging behaviours