Our Women’s Service provides 24/7 onsite supported short-term transitional accommodation for up to 28 single women at any given time who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Women’s supported accommodation
Like our Future Homes service, our Women’s Service is designed to support residents for up to three months while they actively seek and secure a long-term housing solution.
Located a short distance from our head office in East Perth, residents have access to single bedrooms with either a private ensuite or shared bathroom, common cooking, recreation, garden and sitting areas and a laundry. Residents also have regular contact with their case manager who works with them to develop their personalised recovery plan, which includes setting goals that support their recovery and assist them to explore and transition into long-term housing. Case managers will often refer and link residents with health and community support agencies to help improve and enhance their personal health and wellbeing, advocate on their behalf and assist them to grow their independent living skills.
Who is eligible?
- Adult Women – priority to those over 50.
- Experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Currently residing in Western Australia.
- A Permanent Resident or Citizen of Australia.
- Currently receiving or entitled to an income such as Centrelink or a regular wage.
- Personal needs that are able to be managed by the service.
- Women willing to proactively engage in, an individual recovery plan.
- Women willing to be respectful to staff, other consumers and St Bart’s property.
- Women who are able to live independently and willing to live in a shared environment.
- Women who are willing to agree to the terms of our Licence to Occupy,
- Charter of Rights and Responsibilities and Accommodation rules and who wish to find long-term accommodation.