Community Recovery Villages

Community Recovery Villages (CRVs) are short to medium term accommodation for people living with a mental health challenge who need 2-4 hours support per day in order to live independently in the community.

Who is eligible?

  • You must be linked with a community mental health team for case management and clinical support
  • Be aged over 18
  • Be living with a mental health challenge
  • Be homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • Have low to medium support needs of between 2 – 4 hours per day
  • Be willing and able to live in shared accommodation
  • Be prepared to sign an Individual Recovery Agreement and identify and work towards your goals including longer-term accommodation


The CRVs are developments of fully furnished one, two or three bedroom units:

  • Staff on site 24 / 7 and are actively available from 7.00am – 10.30pm
  • Support to develop independent living skills
  • Support to manage mental health challenges and live a meaningful life
  • Support to find longer-term accommodation

Length of Stay

  • Length of stay varies depending on the individual, average length of stay would be 1-3 years. As your level of independence and confidence grows you will be assisted to move to appropriate longer-term accommodation.
  • Part of future housing planning will be an application to the various housing departments

CRV Accommodation Rates

  • The accommodation fee will be 25% of your income, plus any rent assistance that you are entitled to
  • There is an additional utilities charge to cover the cost of electricity, gas and water
  • There is an exit fee payable, to cover any cleaning and/or repair costs after exit

Rules and Expectations

You must be willing to adhere to the conditions of the Licence to Occupy Agreement, Accommodation Rules and Charter of Consumer Rights and Responsibilities. The essence of which is to engage with the support program and work towards finding longer-term accommodation, be respectful of staff, other consumers and St Bart’s property and be willing and able to live in a shared environment.


Applicants, who meet the requirements of the criteria, are eligible to be referred for accommodation. You can self-refer or be referred by general practitioners, hospitals and external agencies. You or the referring service are required to complete a Referral Form. 
Submit this form by e-mail to: