About the role
Based in East Perth, the Recovery Support Workers provide support to our consumers in our Future Homes service – short-term transitional accommodation for single men experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will provide support to our consumers in their recovery journey to build independence, meet individual goals and review and monitor progress.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity working a fixed roster from Wednesday to Sunday from 7am to 3pm.
To be successful in this role you will need at least a Cert III in Community Services, Mental Health or related discipline or working towards a degree in a related field together with demonstrated experience.
In addition, our ideal candidate:
- Is a great communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Has knowledge and understanding of wellness, recovery and trauma informed principles
- Can take initiative, problem solve and work autonomously as well as work well under pressure
While your skills and experience are important to us, your values and attitudes are crucial to your success at St Bart’s. We are looking for a candidate who is compassionate and whose values align with St Bart’s – Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration and Social Justice. We are looking for someone who can help us create and maintain a workplace that fosters inclusion, diversity and a commitment to excellence.
Our successful candidate must also have (or be willing to obtain):
- A current satisfactory National Police Certificate
- A First Aid Certificate
- A current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence
Why join St Bart’s?
In addition to joining a professional and dedicated team with passion and a commitment to our values and making a difference within the community, the benefits of working with us are:
- Four weeks annual leave with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Three days additional flexible leave days per year
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900, which allows you to pay for personal expenses with pre-tax earnings so you pay less tax and your take home pay increases.
- Corporate discounts and memberships.
How to Apply
We want to know about you – why you want to work with us and how your skills, qualifications and experience align with the position requirements.
To apply, please submit your current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your suitability for the position.
For further information about the role, please contact Sara Zanella on 08 9323 5170.
Applications will be reviewed as received. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
St Bart’s is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTI and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.