About the role
Based in East Perth at our Women’s Service, the Recovery Support Worker provides support to our consumers who have experienced or are experiencing homelessness, rough sleeping and other associated health, personal and social challenges to start or build on their recovery journey while reviewing and monitoring their progress.
We are seeking to fill two roles, both permanent as follows:
- Full-time, working a fixed roster from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Part-time, working a fixed roster from Thursday to Sunday.
Additionally both roles require participation in the overnight sleepover roster.
Taking into consideration the qualifications, skills and experience of the successful applicant the base salary offered for this position spans from $63,647 to $69,437 base salary plus appropriate penalties, superannuation and allowances (pro-rata for the part-time role).
To be successful in this role you will need at least a Certificate III in Community Services, Mental Health or related discipline (minimum Cert III) or working towards a degree in a related field together with demonstrated experience.
In addition, our ideal candidate:
- Is a great communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Has knowledge and understanding of wellness, recovery and trauma informed principles
- Can take initiative, problem solve and work autonomously as well as work well under pressure
While your skills and experience are important to us, your values and attitudes are crucial to your success at St Bart’s. We are looking for a candidate who is compassionate and whose values align with St Bart’s – Empowerment, Innovation, Commitment, Collaboration and Social Justice. We are looking for someone who can help us create and maintain a workplace that fosters inclusion, diversity and a commitment to excellence.
Our successful candidate must also have (or be willing to obtain):
- A current satisfactory National Police Certificate
- A First Aid Certificate
- A current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence
Why join St Bart’s?
In addition to joining a professional and dedicated team with passion and a commitment to our values and making a difference within the community, the benefits of working with us are:
- 28 days of annual leave plus leave loading of 17.5%.
- The opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Salary packaging up to $15,900, which allows you to pay for personal expenses with pre-tax earnings so you pay less tax and your take home pay increases.
- A culture of learning with development opportunities.
- Corporate discounts and memberships.
How to Apply
We want to know about you – why you want to work with us and how your skills, qualifications and experience align with the position requirements.
To apply, please submit your current resume and a cover letter, noting if you are interested in the full-time or part-time role (or both), and that demonstrates your suitability for the position.
For further information about the role, please contact Tracey Brown on 0402 212 041.
We reserve the right to close applications at any time so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
St Bart’s is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTI and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.