- Job Reference: SBH-154
- Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (5 days per week, spanning from 07:00-22:30 plus a requirement to be part of the ODOC roster)
- Remuneration: $57,541.12 – $62,777.52 (SCHADS Level 2)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to consumers experiencing homelessness, mental health or other personal/social challenges in their recovery journey, building independence, meeting individual goals and providing support across a range of services, whilst reviewing and monitoring progress.
- Share experience and understanding of the Aboriginal community and culture to support staff and service development and delivery.
- Utilise recovery and trauma informed principles to assist consumers to achieve individual goals and outcomes including but not limited to independent living skills, community participation, personal choice and decision making whilst building upon on strengths, increasing resilience and improving physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records of information and a range of administrative tasks regarding client support, as required by St Barts and within the specified timeframes
- Maintain and enhance professional knowledge and technical skills by keeping up to date with new developments and relevant trends
- Conduct group facilitation as required.
- Work collaboratively with the team to complete required tasks relating to day-to-day service operations.
- Work across all St Bart’s program areas as required.
- Support a 24/7 service delivery model by working shifts on a fixed 24/7 roster (Inc. public holidays) and working a minimum of one Off Duty On Call (ODOC) shift per week.
- Deliver high quality service, which supports the rights, and interests of all consumers and meets relevant standards and legislation.
- To actively engage in achievement of organisational service outcomes including KPI’s, Quality Assurance Accreditation and Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Ensure personal health and safety at work and that of others complying with all Occupational Health and Safety requirements and as directed by St Barts;
- Participate in the St Barts Immunisation Program in line with specific position requirements, including any applicable pre-employment and/or ongoing immunisation as determined by St Barts;
- Understand, comply with, and adhere to all St Barts policies, procedures and work practices, and complete all necessary OneVault requirements within set timeframes;
- Understand, comply with, and adhere to the St Barts Code of Conduct;
- Participate in, and contribute to, all St Barts Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs, to encourage and promote organisational performance and deliver better consumer outcomes;
- Participate in and provide support in all accreditation, compliance and national standards activities as directed;
- Participate in essential and/or mandatory training annually as required and directed;
- Have collaborative working relationships with the team and internal customers, and actively contribute to all team meetings and effectiveness of the team function;
- Other duties and accountabilities as directed by the Service Manager, Integrated Services Manager, and/or the Chief Operating Officer.
About St Bart’s
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following selection criteria.
Only applicants that address the selection criteria in writing will be considered for the position:
Qualifications, Licences & Legislative Compliance
- Tertiary qualification or minimum Certificate III in Community Services or Mental Health or related discipline, or working towards a degree in related field with experience in the field (formal documentation proving satisfactory unit of study completion will be required);
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance obtained within the last three (3) months;
- Current Australian Passport or current valid Working Visa permitting all necessary requirements to legally work in Australia;
- Current valid First Aid Certificate with at least six (6) months validity;
- Current WA “C” Class Drivers Licence (for photo identification purposes and/or if required for position duty purposes);
- Current Working with Children’s Check (Bart’s Plus and casual positions only);
- Successful application and maintenance of LARU Approved Supervisor status (Mental Health Support Services and casual positions ONLY).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate satisfactory work experience relevant to the position;
- Lived experience or an understanding of mental health recovery, homelessness or other personal/social challenges or as family member/carer of people with a lived experience
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills strongly focused on creating rapport with consumers and their carers/ families and effective networks
- Understanding of Wellness, Recovery and Trauma Informed Principles
- Ability to demonstrate genuineness, empathy, trustworthiness and flexibility
- An engaging and positive personality with a friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to establish relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with consumers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, skills to work cooperatively with other staff as well as working independently
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and work autonomously when required
- Experience of working in residential setting (Desirable)
- Ability to maintain confidential information at all times
- Working knowledge of IT systems and MS Office.
- Group facilitation skills (desirable).
- Ability to understand conflict and challenging behaviour
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and support others during these times
- Ability to be self-reflective and responsive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice with Smart Salary
- HBF Private Health Corporate discounts and membership
- Additional 3 days paid leave per annum (Mental Health days / Annual Shutdown)
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Opportunity to purchase 4 additional weeks annual leave per annum
- Free annual Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have the skills, experience and passion that we are looking for, apply today!
How to apply
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and address the position selection criteria in writing.
We want to know why you want to work for St Bart’s and how your skills and experience align to the position requirements. Applications that don’t address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Appointment to this position is subject to the following:
- Current and satisfactory Police Clearance (obtained within the last 3 months)
- Verification of working rights in Australia (i.e. Working Visa, Australian Passport, Australian Citizenship)
- Copies of all relevant qualifications
- Any applicable pre-employment checks as required by the position, which may include Pre-employment Medicals, Fitness for Work and Immunisation Checks
- Any applicable skill assessments and/or testing as per position requirements
At St Bart’s, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.
For further details regarding the position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Tracey Brown, Service Manager on (08) 9323 5148.
Applications close 5.00pm on Friday, 12 November 2021
St Bart’s reserves the right to commence the recruitment process and appoint to the position before the application closing date. Due to the volume of applications, St Bart’s will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies as this stage.